- 1 Chicken Breast (10-11oz), sliced into strips, or chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 Small onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 small stalk celery, thinly sliced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Half shot good bourbon whiskey (3/4 oz - 1oz)
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet and cook the onions and celery until semi-soft (about 3 mins) over med-high heat, being careful not the burn the butter.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then cook until golden brown on both sides (about 8 mins)
- Add the rest of the butter and cook for 3 more mins on medium heat, being careful not to burn the butter.
- Add the cream, stirring to get the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the bourbon
- Simmer lightly, stirring, until the sauce has thickened to your liking (about 5 mins)